[F17] Any idea when nVidia 310.19 will be added to RPMFusion repository?

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:37:04 CET 2013

2013/1/8 Jon Danniken <danniken at q.com>

> Hello all,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows if/when the nVidia 310.19 driver will be
> added to the RPMFusion repository for Fedora 17.  I have read that it is
> possible to install this driver and akmod/kmod manually, but to be
> honest, I'm not at the stage in my Linux development to be comfortable
> in doing that yet.
>
> So, my hope is that it will be added to the RPMFusion repository, but
> I'm wondering when.  Any ideas?  Will it even *be* offered through
> RPMFusion?

The problem is that this driver drop support for cards from the geforce6/7
series.
So we need to create a separate branch of driver as 304xx and to replace
the main serie with that for compatibility.
Then we will introduce latest stable driver with a new nvidia-latest serie.
That way geforce6/7 users will not update to a driver that doesn't support
their hardware.

We will also rework the driver a little, so that's the remaining part of
the problem, then there will be a package review.

Nicolas (kwizart)