Next steps to get RPM Fusion running (V2)

KH KH kwizart at
Wed Oct 15 11:06:22 CEST 2008

2008/10/15 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at>:
> On 15.10.2008 04:18, Stewart Adam wrote:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> - are the nvidia bits sane? There were some mails about the 177series,
>>> but seems some questions were not answered yet
>> As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong Nicolas), we're dropping 177 for
>> Livna F-8/9 and focus on the move to RPM Fusion and provide it there
>> instead. Nicolas is still testing the final bits of the parallel-installable
>> drivers, from there I'm going to write a quick initscript and redo bits of
>> livna-config-display and then everything should be ready.
> Well, I posted some comments to the plan that was posted last week on this
> list and mentioned that I see some serious trouble ahead in regards to
> kmods:
> Nobody answered that mail afaics, that's why I added this point to the list.
> I just want to prevent you two spend a lot of time in a scheme that has some
> well known problems that we imho should avoid.
The reason why I have previously requested one week of delay was about
some light changes in the common part for the parallele scheme.
That been said, the parallele mode isn't planned to be activated out
of the box right now. so the xorg-x11-drv-nvidia* could be reused
without problem. (And then, the parallele mode will be activated using
a --with serie conditionnal for experimental use).

The only serious problem is see is upgrade path and replacement scheme
(from the kmod side).
The result would mean that we need to update nvidia-kmod to 177
thought the livna/rpmfusion transition for F-8/F-9.

I will answear this mail later...

Nicolas (kwizart)

> CU
> knurd

More information about the rpmfusion-developers mailing list