-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'd like to contribute and got a little Problem:
"... However if you are a newcomer (i.e. you're not a Fedora sponsored
packager) you must first get sponsored, which means find someone to
guide you while you learn the procedures."
Well, I'm not a "Fedora sponsored packager" (and don't intend to become
one - unless that's unavoidable), so: Where do i find a RPMFusion sponsor?
Just some info about myself:
- - My name is Fritz Elfert. I'm from Germany, living in Ludwigsburg
(southern, near Stuttgart). I'm 53, married, 3 kids (well not *kids*
anymore, the youngest is 21 now ;)
My tech skills:
- - Developer (mainly C/C++) since the early days (started writing Unix
drivers on a PDP 11/34)
- - I have used RH since v5.
- - I was a kernel developer in the old kernel 2.0 times (the ISDN
subsystem is my design - just grep for "Elfert" in the kernel sources to
- - As a contractor for IBM, was part of the team that ported Linux to
- - Ported a complete RH6 to S/390 on my own, resulting in one of the
first S/390 distros at that time.
- - In my daytime job, I'm doing development and packaging (RPM/dpkg/other
formats) of several commercial products, on Fedora: since FC5.
- - Contributed to numerous OSS projects over the years. (KDE, XFree,
ghostscript, mars-nwe, apache, openct/opensc to name a few)
Is there anybody on this list willing to act as my "Sponsor"?
The reason for me trying to join RPMFusion: I'd like to provide a
rebuild of Fedora's blender package which is seriously crippled in the
regular repository (most of the codecs for rendering to various video
formats are missing there).
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----