I am one of the maintainers of the unity desktop port to Fedora. Also
I have lots of other packages for Fedora that are not in Fedora nor in
A bunch of packages that is on RPMfusion's wishlist is already
packaged especially for Fedora using OBS! e.g see:
So why am I telling you this? It would be quite easy now to make all
rpmfusion packages to be build using the open build service.
The only requirement would be a separate from OBS instance from
1) The OBS server is ported to Fedora/CentOS so it should be possible
to run the server natively with Fedora.
2) Building against rawhide/fedora updates etc. is no problem when
having your own instance of OBS
3) There are lots of good reasons to switch to OBS (Fedora won't do
this anytime soon, that would be a red hat decision)
- koji has no web interface ( lots of ppl including me do lot of
the spec file editing, patching etc.
using the web interface from windows (e.g from work PC / mobile platforms)
- In OBS it's very easy to fix a package for everyone, if you have
an account at the OBS server, just branch it, fix it, submit it (and
wait for approval)
- I will maintain all my package using OBS at rpmfusion OBS
instance, and we might move unity build there too
- Package that are on build.opensuse.org can be linked to, inter
instance linking, copying, aggregating (with enough user permission)
is no problem
4) If you consider doing the move I would assist you where I can to
move to OBS. I am sure other people would join, I would ask the guys
are packaging Fedora packages on OBS. I am quite sure that I could
convince also a few other peoples, which I will not name them now
5) Lots of people would love to see it. You will have more people
ensuring better quality of the packages and interested in packaging
the left stuff on the
wishlist (including myself)
On 08/23/2012 09:11 AM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> So why am I telling you this? It would be quite easy now to make all
>> rpmfusion packages to be build using the open build service.
>> The only requirement would be a separate from OBS instance from
> Hi Damian,
> For context, I'm going to link to the long thread on Fedora's buildsys
> list. I think Michael had the best summary of the issues. As
> Michael and Rahul stated, I would like to see OBS get accepted into
> Fedora and EPEL at a minimum before RPM Fusion considers this.
Packages built and released for RPM Fusion (Fedora - nonfree) 17: 1
Changes in RPM Fusion (Fedora - nonfree) 17:
* Fri Aug 17 2012 Leigh Scott <leigh123linux(a)googlemail.com> - 12.8-1
- Update to Catalyst 12.8 release (internal version 8.982)
- drop obsolete patch
As it's already done in fedora, RPM Fusion needs to be branched.
Until it's done, please try not to submit build job in devel. Thoses are
likely to be provided as .fc19 in the related tree and not .fc18 as you may
Please bump release for your packages if affected once branched.
The next FUDCon EMEA will be set in Paris and will take place on the 13th, 14th
and the 15th of October. Given that a lot of RPMFusion people are based in this region, I thought it would be nice to meet face-to-face and discuss how we can improve RPMFusion over a beer or two.
If you are interested, the signup page is here :
Hope to see you there,